Tuesday, May 01, 2007

scrimp, pinch, squeeze...i think we got all of the goody out of that penny

So what do you do when you can't trim the budget anymore, and gas is off the hizinge? You do without A/C. Somewhere deep inside I know this is making me more of a woman than the next chickadee. That and the 75mph jaunt home with all four cranked down and 6 cranked up with Ray Scott singing "She don't like to play my kind of music" and my dark brown shoulder-length tresses flying about like Medusa's snakes sometimes obstructing my view. Live on the edge, I say. Remember when we lived in that trailer in deep south Alabama? We'd come back from the bay, and the thick palpable stench of fried softshells, shrimp and french fries, fan-swirled furiously between those aluminum walls and cheap studs that we called home. Yeah, a little like that.

1 comment:

Dewdrop said...

Love your pic!